Sunday, March 25, 2012

Myeongdong Sunday Day22

I managed to attend the English service at the Myeong-dong Cathedral today. The M4102 bus was definitely faster than taking the subway from seohyeon. Although, I had to wait probably around 20 minutes (I missed the previous bus), I still managed to make it in time for the Gospel. There were people from my country but sadly I didn't get to make friends with any of them. In any case, after the Mass many of the stores were still closed and Myeongdong was pretty much deserted so I had the chance to just walk around and explore the area while waiting for the shops to open. As the minutes passed however, several buses and policemen came to view in the area complete with their shields or whatever you call it. You know those things that they use to contain a protest or disperse a crowd. They were all over the area especially the main road (I forgot what it's called) but along the Lotte department store. Policemen were stationed everywhere the Myeongdong area (Lotte included) including the entrance to the underpass/subways. I was curious what was going on but I had to settle with the thought that there was some sort of protest going on.
  
see the police in front of this building

 Since I had too much time to kill, I chanced upon this restaurant on the opposite side of Lotte department store. Of course, when I saw it I knew right away where I would be having my lunch. Forget the fact that it is on the expensive side at least for me. It's not often that I get to eat xiao long bao so I ate at Din Tai Fung in Korea. It was definitely an indulgence (too much eating though).
Din Tai Fung in Myeongdong


No comments: