Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 15

So I set my alarm but it didn't go off so I woke up late to get to Myeong-dong Cathedral. I tried to find my way to Catholic International Parish of Seoul for their 11am English Mass but apparently taking the subway to Hannam was a bad idea. It took me about 1:30 just to get there. I got there just as the Mass ended. Sorry Lord.

Anyway, I decided to take the bus home since I knew the vicinity on where I should stop. And boy, did I realize that at least for the churches, it looks like Google maps was pretty accurate in terms of the travel time. It took me roughly just 30 minutes to get to the stop near my apartment. If I just mustered enough guts to take the bus to Hannam, I probably would have made it. Lesson learned.It's really a learning process. I guess I'll just charge it to the fact that I am still trying to orient myself with the surroundings. I was too tired to go around Hannam (and maybe Itaewon which was supposedly nearby). Unlike Myeong-dong, there was not much in the immediate surroundings of the Catholic International Parish of Seoul especially for a foreign newbie like me.

No comments: