Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cooking 101

So I decided to cook dinner today and for the next couple of days (yes, I intended to stock them up).

Menu 1: "gambas"
I was almost resigned to not getting to cook this dish and settling for buttered shrimp in garlic but then on my last round at the mini-market down at the apartment's lobby I found it that it actually had worchestire sauce. I've been making the rounds at this supermarket and at Home Plus at Yatap looking for this and it was only late this afternoon that I found they actually have this stuff. Case in point, the mini-market have most of the stuff I need to survive.


Note about this dish: it needs chili and the green bell pepper doesn't really blend well with everything. If I can afford it, I would probably have to go for fresh shrimp next time instead of the frozen one.

Menu 2: pork adobo
For us Filipinos this is probably one of the easiest and well-loved dishes. It's definitely a work in progress though in terms of improving the taste and the tenderness of the pork.

Hopefully, they won't spoil to last me the week.

No comments: