Monday, September 23, 2013

2014 to do list

Well, 2013 ain't over yet but I find myself starting to set-up goals on what I want to do for the following year. The weather for the rest of the year might not be a good time for me to actually achieve these goals as well as the travels (both work and leisure) that's already lined up plus the monetary restrictions. This will probably be a list in the making or a just a dream list but nonetheless, I sure wish I'd get the chance to do them one day.

(listed in the order that I deem more feasible to the least feasible ones for the year or maybe in my lifetime)

1. Stand up paddleboarding in Coron or El Nido.

Got the idea while browsing through the in flight magazine of Philippine Airlines en route to Shanghai. I've always wanted to explore the many nooks and crannies of our beautiful, tropical country and Coron or Palawan has always been something on the list (among other which I would probably list down below). Who wouldn't be drawn to the idea once you see this picture (or similar to what was in the magazine)?

photo grabbed from http://www.suptoursphilippines.com/ website
I'm all the more enticed after seeing this picture. I've kayaked a couple of times already and it is tiring. I bet this one will probably be all the more tiring. Nonetheless, I'm up for trying something new. It's for the experience and the visuals! Hopefully, I get to squeeze this in my schedule next year... and I get to have someone tag along to take me an awesome picture like the one above. haha

2. San Juanico Bridge Run

The San Juanico bridge has been part of my Philippine history classes since back in elementary years and although I haven't been there I get the sense that it will be a scenic run. It is not the longest bridge in the country spanning just 2km  but it connects the islands of Samar and Leyte. As per Wikipedia: "It is considered one of the most beautifully designed bridges in Philippines". It should be a short run but well the scenery might make the run longer than it should.

photo grabbed from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/San_Juanico_Bridge.jpg

3. Europe trip

When I first started thinking about what I want to do next year, this was still feasible. I thought that I'd just try and visit three countries/cities like Amsterdam, Paris and maybe Milan or wherever. I was thinking along the lines of backpacking and couchsurfing and crashing at a friend's place in Amsterdam. But priorities have suddenly changed so this may be something that has to wait and I have to work harder for (unless I find that other silent prayer and fervent wish...)

As much as I'd like to set more out of town trips even locally, my current role requires me to also travel a lot in the Asia Pacific region (especially southeast asia) so I wouldn't have much time to go on those local trips but any trip in good company be it friends, family or maybe a special someone will always be nice and appreciated. :) the ones below are more like wishful thinking for now so I won't elaborate anymore:

- back to Boracay
- Batanes. Need I say more?
- Anawangin
- Cagbalete, Caramoan, Calaguas, Matnog take two.
- sky dive
- watch the F1 Grand Prix (Monaco would be the ultimate) somewhere in Asia especially since the Ice Man is back with Ferrari and you have two world champions on the same team. That will make up for an interesting season and races I bet.
- Japan tour
- Maldives

No comments: