Friday, December 16, 2011

Diliman Engineering December Festivities

I miss college. One of the many things that added color to my college life was the December festivities in Diliman. For a start there's the engineering week catering to the competitive nature of the different eng'g accredited orgs. While we still had our share of exams that didn't stop us from enjoying all the different activities lined up from sports-oriented to talent oriented stuff. From the main events: smoker's night which was basically org-bashing, awitan, indakan, maskipaps, dateng'g game culminating with the Ms. Engg to all sorts of mini-games here and there (ex. Car stuffeng'g, breng'g me, command and conquer). There are enough activities to organize and participate in to keep everyone preoccupied. It was truly a time to be young, wild and carefree. Add the lantern parade and the oblation run and viola you have a free, festive atmosphere in Diliman which you can associate with Christmas.
Having been out of college since 6 years ago, I have this feeling of nostalgia. I miss that kind of feeling the Diliman Engineering 'Christmas' evokes. I won't be back this year but maybe next time...

No comments: