Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another clubbing Christmas Party

So it's that time of the year again where parties abound. Contrary to some my social calendar is actually quite open and I've already attended last night my only (I think) Christmas party. And as usual, for the third time in a row, I did not get to qualify for the raffle which was the main thing I looked forward to.
Since joining the company, I always ended up coming late after the cut-off and this year was no different. We were so close however. It took just one wrong turn along the service road to take us from a few kms away to more kms away back to edsa! Too bad! :( it was all good and since i'm actually used to it I got over it except for a few bitter rants here and there. When a teammate won the coveted ipad (what i was rooting for), I couldn't help but be envious! Haha oh well...
Nonetheless, we just made the most out of it. It was good that they got a band that played nicely and pumped up the crowd. They were aptly named, In heat, as they turned up the heat at the party. You could see that our team's population was heavily composed of males as most would end up staring at the band when they did their thing. 6-7 drinks later, I had too much gas inside, I struggled a bit. But their rum tasted nice. It took one burp and whatever buzz I was feeling was instantly gone.
I kind of wonder though, considering how we kind of had our own little circle as if we were having our own party, reflects how we've become isolated and outcasts from the team... Was there something in our airs our aura that repels them away and keep their distance? Does it still have something to do with the "pinagpala" thing? I am too offended with that to even bother to force myself to mingle.
Anyhow, we rested a bit and people watched at all the high heels, legs and skimpy outfits and pretty young things at opus while drinking at starbucks. It was more interesting looking at them ladies than guys (or for the lack of it). Makes you think, there are too many rich people in Manila! And we're not one of them. With that said, we re-entered republiq to milk our free entrance so we see and experience how they party. My conclusion, it's darn expensive to party there. You'd have to shell out prolly more than 2000 to get a buzz going. (more if your tolerance is high unlike me). I am starting to feel old for these kind of parties though and all the drinking makes me think of my body and health.
One other thing I realized, I think I have too much crass when I drink though haha yes, cRass..

The mean, manang and now also late girls haha

Some more grabbed pics (and a little vanity service):

No comments: