Thursday, October 21, 2010

wrong lane...

today marks the fourth time i got caught in the streets of Metro. Sure I drove in Florida and Texas but I was very careful and conscious especially with the speed limits and all... (but I so wanted to maximize those freeways and our rentals haha). I had a few overspeeding jaunts and beating the red light here and there but not intentionally. It's usually when the "kaskasera" in me and Manila-traffic mindset kicks in.

It's no fun to get caught but I guess you can say that again I am caught red-handed although I would like to argue that my first two offenses were somewhat questionable. The first time was when I was barely driving by myself after I turned eighteen along EDSA. I was going to take a right to head to Quezon Ave and being a careful, slow driver afraid of buses I slowly eased myself  to the outer lanes as soon as the MRT overpass was above us. Little did I know that there was a dotted line not a few meters after I made the switch. Of course, there was someone waiting there to apprehend me for being in the yellow lane. Young, nervous and everything I later found myself crying... The officer took pity on me and let me off the hook. I was not doing it on purpose really.

I can't really plead innocence about the crying part to escape punishment the second time around. This time I was taking a right again from Quezon City Circle into I think that was west Ave (wherever the golf course and trinoma is)... I think I tried to speed away but unfortunately for me they had a bike and accused me of "swerving" . I think at the back of my mind I was pissed and not willing to get caught at the same time so I tried the same formula. This was still when I was in 3rd year college. I can still remember it was around December because Cha and I were going to buy sandals for our maskipaps costume... Wow that's two in one year! :D

Come 2005, I drove the car without a plate as per my parent's consent. I can't remember why we didn't have one yet but they just told me that it was ok. Again I was along Q. Ave when I got caught. I felt awful lying I ended up bribing them with not 1, or 2 but 500!!!

Today, I hated what i had to do yet again. I didn't turn right and eventually caused traffic. However, I was waiting for the officer to explain to me in full detail what is going to happen. I was kind of up for the seminar since I work nights anyway. And besides, Pasig is not that far so I figured it won't be too much of a hassle and I just have to bear with it. But then, the officer scrapped the seminar (he tried threatening me that it's supposed to be for three days) and went on to say that I'll just have to pay a fine. He was obviously taking his time to wait when I would say the magic words but I didn't budge just yet... and then he told me that the fine is supposedly 500. You have got to be kidding me... I guess I'm just plain ignorant here and didn't know a lot of things. But heck I have not been in any major accidents (thank God) and this is the first time in 5 years... Oh well, I so hated what I ended up doing but I did it anyway. All the while, I was like Plato trying to wash my hands of the crime I was committing... *sigh oh well I hope I don't have to resort to something like that again. It feels awful knowing that you're actually contributing to shady deals this government have become known for and struggling to deal with... there goes 100...

No comments: