Monday, May 04, 2015

Relocation Diaries: Entry 2 - Distance

Travelling has been a common part of my life mostly because of work and it has taught me a lot of things. The experiences all have helped me to become the person who I am now. I know for a fact though that not everyone wants to travel for work and be away from home frequently and for prolonged periods. Back then I didn't really fully understand and felt what the deal was. To me it was an enriching experience and that the distance shouldn't put so much as a strain on personal and family life.

Ask me again now, and somehow I have a slightly different perspective and a better somewhat understanding on why especially married couples or those with children are hard to persuade to leave home. While it hasn't been that long for me, just 22 days, there is someone back home that I'm terribly missing. Now I start to understand why they say Long Distance Relationships are difficult. Difficult yes, but not impossible. I am holding on to that, we are holding on to that.
I didn't get those couple selfies. And then I ended up having a couple of them myself. This was probably our first one together.
There are pros and cons to the set-up. Of course, the cons are more obvious but for the pros an example would be, you try to spend more time and talk more with each other. Conversations being the bulk of the bonding and quality time together make you become more expressive, creative and less secretive than you would (like the guessing game women usually like to play).

Right now, on another side of the world, we are marking our 2nd month together. Oh yes, monthsaries! It's really funny how I used to raise my eyebrows on these type of things. But right now, I am just thankful of where we are right now and that we've gotten to this point. Counting your blessings and being grateful of them.

Honey, thank you for taking care of me and my heart so far. I love and miss you so much. I am really looking forward to spending time with you. May He continue to bless us, our relationship, to make us patient and strong, to give the wisdom and strength as we continue this journey. The past two months (and the months prior to that when we were still "dating") have been a happy and a learning experience. Happy 2mo! May the 4th be with you! :P until the next months. :)

another selfie when he went with me to the embassy on his birthday. :)





No comments: