Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pop Jedi

So, I reached my limits last Wednesday and the anti-social tendency kicked back in. I read this article about so-called ambiverts and I could totally relate. I guess I am an ambivert or selectively social. I know what I needed to do and that I will be ok. I just have to keep fighting and finding ways to improve. But that day I just wanted to disconnect so bad and recharge. My patience was so thin, that I was a walking livewire but somehow several rants to supportive loved ones, walks around the driveway/the apartment, and tears later I survived the day.
There's something about either eating or shopping that has an uplifting effect. But since I'm having trouble managing my finances or figuring out the budget as of the moment due to the move and relocation, I ended with the next best thing - funko pop!

I've been trying to restrain myself from buying and collecting these cute things. I've stopped with the lego and I'm not to keen on starting a new collection. I've been successful so far with some exceptions. For one, I just had to buy honey a funko pop batman. Believe me though I've been resisting the urge to buy the rest of them and use hon's fondness of batman as an excuse.

Then last Wednesday, I took an out of ways trip just so I can buy Luke Skywalker (Jedi). I am no star wars fan and there's only one reason why I bought it. I thought if I'm going to get myself one, this may just as well be it. But oh boy, I took some time in that small stand putting stuff in my basket and putting them back again at the stand. It was just too hard not to buy more. But my 'kuripot' nature eventually prevailed so I didn't end up with more to start another collection. Whew! The trip was worth it though, a sort of retail therapy.
Oh, the things you do for love or when in love.

No comments: