Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Relocation Diaries: Entry 3 - Plans

Last Sunday's homily hit me in a very personal way. It was about instead of making Him our secretary taking notes of what our plans are, we should ask what His plans are for us and seek/consult Him if our plans are aligned with His. 

It goes well with this message I got earlier today from a friend:
"Happy Tuesday, everybody. Here's a snippet of my devotional today that I want to pass on to you: 
"God may not have fulfilled the promise in your life because he’s waiting on you. He’s waiting on you to learn to not fear, not fret, not faint, not forget. He wants you to learn that before he delivers you.

God can do things immediately, but he’s working on a larger agenda. The delays that come in your life do not destroy God’s purpose. They fulfill God’s purpose in your life."

The verse that goes with this: "“I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things he does for me” (Psalm 103:2)""

...

Being a logical, analytical person, I can't help but struggle when I don't understand.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

No comments: