Thursday, November 25, 2004

vehicles

There was a nationwide transport strike today, and as was expected, classes were suspended in most schools. I was informed beforehand of the pending strike and my parents convinced me to just drive to school to avoid any inconvenience. I was hesitant to do so for a couple of reasons. First, I am trying to save me as much money possible in time for the Christmas season and commuting saves me more money what with the rocket high price of gasoline nowadays. Second, the color coding scheme prevents me from being in the streets between 7am to 7pm on a thursday, and my class was from 830-530. I didn’t like the idea of going to school early and leaving late. But going home this afternoon, after the suspension of classes in UP from 1 onwards i saw that the streets were unusually "maluwag" and that not a lot of public vehicles(e.g. bus, jeepneys) were around. there weren't really that much stranded commuters but maybe because it was still a bit early(4pm) and that i took the less traversed road. twas a good thing that i did drive though for the coding was lifted and i was ok except with the mishap involving an empty radiator and an almost overheated engine.

i noticed a peculiar sound since morning while driving and dismissed it as something that will pass after i restart the engine but then again it didn't. i even went to commonwealth ave after lunch to accompany ate kim and jp. she was going to place orders for our org jacket and scout for trophies as well to be used in the Research Fair this JAnuary. (trophies pla are expensive na!) anyway, after missing two u-turn slots, we were back in UP to watch the volleyball match between UP ALchemes and Eng'g Soc (some of the current members of Alchemes are also members of the other org). in reality these events lead to bringing down the temperature of the car to a manageable level such that it reached overwhelming "hotness" when i reached junction. whew! an emergency call to my dad, a mechanic on the emission testing center allowed me to go home with the car safe and sound. lesson learned:always have some water at hand, fill the radiator with water, and know where the f***ing fan/conveyor belt is.hehe:)

anyway, enuf of this. have to study again. joyce has to be on nerd mode again.:)

No comments: