Monday, November 22, 2004

guilty majority

With only four hours of sleep and 5 subjects to work on, i really shouldn't be "blogging about". But the call of blog is much too tempting to resist.

well anyway, i wanted to write something about the article i read in Kule' regarding the "blog wave" and how Filipinos are not able to fully utilize the potential of using blog or "poliblog" so to speak to effect changes in society. yes, i must say i am one of the guilty "majority" who chose to be anonymously open to the "public" by making my journal known and accessible to all. Maybe the time is not right for me to engage in such poliblog... i feel that apathy is a trait very common to most of us. People would prefer to indulge in boosting their egos and laying themselves open to public scrutiny not by what they think in reaction to social or other like issues but of other trivial things (e.g. fashion, etc.) but more than that, for me personally, my world basically revolves around chemistry, physics and math and i feel that not only my English has become rusty over the 3 years my judgment (critical thinking) is not that sharp. pro alam ko na hindi pwede and ganitong pangangatwiran, i know that it is also my responsibility and duty to become more involved. easier said than done though...

No comments: