Monday, March 10, 2014

Pentatonix!

I'm actually on a WickedManila high/hangover. The show just closed last night and although I didn't get to watch again especially on their last show, (though I badly wanted to), I've been stalking those instagram posts and videos of random people and the cast members themselves. I turned into an online semi-fan of the show and the touring company. Thank God for hashtags! Unfortunately, I've already dedicated an entry each to Wicked since after watching the two shows, one in Seoul and one in Manila, I know I have to write about something else. Maybe next time, when I get to watch it again in some other country. Still deliberating on whether or not, I will drop a note to Suzie Mathers as Glinda on a tumblr page, real Wicked fans have set up for her.

So instead, I will rave here of another musical addiction of mine, Pentatonix! I am so hooked on this group as well. I am tone deaf and sing off-key but I do enjoy random music from time to time. I've watched all their performances in The Sing-Off 3 through youtube (again thanks technology!) several times already. I like most of their performances but the following stand-out:

Video Killed the Radio Star - it was so fun to watch this one and their choreo.

Sometimes, it's a tad bit hard to believe that they are singing a cappella. Also, they should be listened to with decent headsets to give justice to Avi and Kevin, dubbed as 'meat and potatoes' by the judges.

Dog Days Are Over - their performance level here was just intense!


from then on, they've been putting out great a cappella covers on their youtube channel such as the Daft Punk medley among others:
 

Just recently, Say Something by A Great Big World. I particularly liked their cover considering I wasn't a fan of this song which I first heard from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Somehow their cover is sad in a good way and soothing.


The first songs I legally downloaded from Itunes are from their Christmas album.

 I did say I'm hooked on this group. I hope there'd be more fans so that they'd cast their nets in Asia one of these days, then we'd get a chance to catch them live! So if you liked any of the videos, go ahead: like, share, subscribe!

If you still aren't overwhelmed, do check out their performance in youtube of Ellie Goulding's I Need Your Love during the finale of last year's the sing-off (2013). Again, they were awesome! And the live clips of them singing an original "Natural Disaster". Watch out for Avi's bass with great headphones if you can. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

I know that this is the most youtube embedded ladden post but one last. This video has that vsco-ish filter vibe. Love it! Just the kind of feels for a dreamy date. (probably too old for that, but hey a girl is a girl and she can still hope right?)


No comments: