Monday, October 17, 2011

Have some Chicken Rice!

solo order: roasted
I'm not new to SG but it's not uncommon for the family to NOT try the local cuisine when going out. I guess you could say we are not that adventurous. Needless to say, getting a taste of this chicken rice is not exactly down that road but maybe it was just not our priority. Eating was more out of necessity than of getting the whole experience and immersion.
Good thing a friend of mine who happened to be visiting SG the same time I found myself in its soil, paid attention to these kind of things. So there I was one day, in this somewhat out-of-the-way for tourists eatery. Yes, eatery. In SG, wee nam kee is not much of a resto but more of an eatery i think.
wee nam kee SG
The dish was simple but to me it was something new that is a must-try. Actually, scratch that, it was something I found myself craving for weeks/months later. Good thing, they opened two branches here in the Philippines. We got to try the one at Serendra and although it was not quite the same, for me it'll do as I can't afford to just go to SG on a whim based on some craving.

combination: steamed and roasted
So when in SG, have some chicken rice! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sino yang kasama mo? ang laki ng tummy

Unknown said...

oi cy! hehehehe