Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tiny Details

It's so easy to get lost in the tiny details of everything.
-tiny details in the wedding planning like working on other things
-tiny details in date schedules
-tiny details in setting expectations

Trouble is coupled with extreme emotions, the tiny minuscule details become magnified 100x or more. Such is my flaw but the last two weeks I was given reminders on the following:

1. Why do I dwell and get swallowed up on the doubts and fears rather than trusting and having faith in Him and the partner He has chosen for me? I should have a little more faith.

2. The tiny little things can be nothing and the big things can be the tiny little things especially since he has been that way for me ever since. I have my annoying, irritating traits and shortcomings as well that he's brushed off or accepted.

3. He's a fighter and I am thankful for every battle he fights with or for me.

***
Wedding planning has been an overwhelming task for me especially being sometimes a control freak. I'd like to see and experience the tiny details before I make decisions. When shopping, I bide my time such that my mom complains a lot. I would not even try on clothes and just skim through the racks until something eventually catches my attention. My mom's point, you never know unless you try. The other thing, once I see something I like, I'll get stuck with that idea and none of the others will quite compare to that.

I've finally managed to put up somewhat a checklist and organize our files a little bit. This dress shopping is stressing me out though and I'm getting a little bit tired of it, something I want to be done and over with as soon as possible. And yet, I can't seem to make a decision on the details of who, where, and what. Hopefully, the next couple of days will be more productive on this matter.


No comments: