Thursday, February 20, 2014

Everything is awesome!

Well this post is not about how life or all that jazz is awesome. While life is awesome if you try your darn best to appreciate the littlest and simplest of things, I simply just want to rave how fun the Lego movie is! Also considering the fact that I ended up watching this alone. Yes, I watched a movie alone for the first time. It was weird but not too lonely I guess thanks to this fun movie and also because I was in a small theater in the company of strangers. Or probably I am more the stranger being the visitor in a foreign land.

(Cameo appearances by some of the collectibles.)


I'm a fan of Frozen (wicked feels!) so I had to go see this movie as everyone kept saying it was that good or even better. Of course, I had my biases and while I wouldn't say I love this one better, the stop motion effects were great. The story was also awesome. It was spot on, on the topic of creativity and freedom which lego has pretty much been known for since I was introduced to it during my childhood. And yeah, I do sort of selectively collect those minifigures so it was exciting to see them 'come to life' so to speak. For some of us, it would also probably feel nostalgic of your younger years with lego.  One thing's for sure, this is the first series I am willing to spend money on to collect all 16 minifigures. Hopefully I'm not too late yet.

So far I have the Panda but I asked some friends to help me catch up so now I also have Emmett and WyldStyle. Yay! 

No comments: