Saturday, February 15, 2014

Business travels

Since I joined this company about 7 years ago, I've been fortunate enough to have travelled places whether on a short term or long term basis. It's not that they are all fun and leisure, of course they come with their share of hardships and gratifications, of pros and cons. But just like in life you try to make the most out of it.

Having moved to a new role, I found myself hopping on to airplanes as if they are taxis. It's fun, interesting but sometimes boring and tiring. I am not sure if I've lost that restless feet I used to have when I was younger where I couldn't stay put and I had this urge to go out and explore. Or whether I just got tired and lame. Nonetheless, what I find difficult now, odd considering my age, how it seems that now I have to be really careful. Safety first. 

As much as I'd like to be out there and make friends just like I did back in Korea. Somehow especially where I am now, I don't feel as safe. I already had one episode though thank goodness it wasn't that bad since I wasn't prepared for that one. I don't want to be snobbish or anything and I really want to get into conversations but I have to be really careful and be on guard. Being a woman and alone is tough when you're travelling while men can just make friends all they want with whoever. *sigh


No comments: