Saturday, February 23, 2013

Plans

For several weeks now I've been struggling because nothing seemed to go my way or how I wanted... A lot of plans no matter how small would come crashing sometimes at the last minute... Murphy's law has been hounding me it seems.. And sadly my health has been suffering at the most inopportune moment: during weekends. I badly need a break and an escape but even them have to be given up. I am trying to counter all these negativity that's been weighing and dragging me down but so far it looks like this is going to take awhile.
You make plans based on how you want your life to pan out and what your priorities are but there are those moments when life it seems have other things in store for you. It's like a tug-of-war pulling you in another direction. You try and resist it burdening yourself all the more. Giving in leaves you with the feeling of defeat and emptiness. In the end, it's better not to plan anything at all since none of the odds are in your favor anyway to avoid anymore disappointments.
Then comes the epiphany, that light bulb moment when you realize that there is nothing wrong with planning as long as you don't expect it to become an immediate reality. Life throws in a lot of surprises because sometimes our plans are not enough. God has something better for us out there and He wants the best for you, nothing less. Maybe your plans have to be given up because they are too complacent... And maybe there are some things that shouldn't be planned at all because they will just come along. Hope after all is the dream of a soul awake. In the meantime, plan along what you can and where you are being pulled at. And know that, we are all destined to be great! And then who knows, maybe lightning could strike... Hopefully...

My dear, I have to let you go... As much as I wanted to stay and have what was supposed to be my farewell set of awesome adventures, I have to move on. It was really short-lived and I thought that there was still so much more to do and experience. I can't thank you enough for all those moments. It was one of my best years, if not epic. My only regret is not being able to say goodbye. But who knows, I still hope I can visit you some other time... Now, I look forward to whatever great new adventures God has in store for me.

No comments: