Saturday, March 12, 2011

Online tribute to a Mentor

I just sent out a short note to my previous manager to thank her for her positive impact probably her legacy to me.
In the 5 years that I've been a corporate rat, I've interacted directly with 4 direct supervisors. 3 of those in just a span of 13 months. But time is irrelevant when leaving a lasting positive impact. Sometimes, all it takes is probably one well-handled situation that tells you and shows you the management skill of a person without any pretense. It neither has to be in your favor but the fact that she can convince you, win you over, turn you around without resorting to politician tactics makes you admire the person all the more. A genuine person able to feel but uses her intellect well: well-balanced and well-grounded. A human-being probably who is well aware of Maslow's hierarchy of needs and a whole gamut of others. It is a skill honed and developed allowing her to respond to a whole gamut of situations. Possibly, I was not under her care long enough to see her faults and flaws magnified, exaggerated by others. To me however, what matters is that I left her supervision with an arm full of learnings that continue to inspire me.
I'll say it again, Doms, though I wish you could have mentored me for longer
I'm glad our paths crossed. Thank You!
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: