Monday, February 21, 2011

What happened?

 

I was at this club last night, and thoughts of you ran through my head. At one point, I kind of searched through the crowd hoping to see you there. Why did I not go crazy like I did last night when I was with you? Why did I not loosen up when I was younger? Oh yeah, because people take advantage of it and it seems my best interest is only safe with my college buddies.

Anyway, it's not like we've gone out a lot but I guess I can't forget the fact that this was how we bonded. Well, aside from the fact that we shared a ride most nights back then. I liked you then, probably a lot to the point that I'd consider those bonding sessions as a little more than that - a way to enjoy your company. Funny how I started to like you over a glass of an alcohol-laden drink. The word still sticks: "analytical".

I guess conversations get me a lot but not to the point that intimidates the hell out of me. Just enough to show your interest and thoughts of what I think of as my complexities.

I had thought there was something there. I wanted for something to be there but maybe I was just dreaming, maybe I was too dense and foolish or maybe I was just put on the spot too early. Or simply maybe it's not really a match and my time has not yet come. Still I wonder what happened?

No comments: