Tuesday, October 20, 2015

relationship 101

if there's such a course I would have probably flunked it already. I don't know when I will get it right or have it figured out but sometimes I just don't feel I'm cut out for this. I'm too bipolar that I can't find the middle ground or maybe that's just what I need someone who will balance and take that journey with me of getting to that middle ground.

It's funny how when I start to believe, when I start to think and pray that I have found someone- the one, when I start to trust, when I start to bare my soul, when I yield control and guard for some reason, I don't stay in that stage that too long and I find myself crawling back into my shell. Maybe this is hinting me at some thing. "I need to be with myself and center..."

Can I really do this? To what extent?

this quote ran through my mind once more which I found over the internet space, so credit to the person who came up with this:

"On what expense does a man bare his soul to woman he does not intend to keep?
And on what expense does a man keep a woman he does not intend to bare his soul with?"

That discussion about third parties, cheating, mistresses, failed relationships, expectations has got me thinking. Maybe if I have this much doubt or fear and if I can't let go, release control, bare my soul without cowering back to the shell, then maybe I'm not meant for this or maybe it's not for me or I haven't really found the one. Being bipolar and going through this sine wave of emotions sucks. I really just want to be still sometimes.

Dear Lord, you know deep down what's in my heart but you also know what's best for us. What we yearn for may that be in alignment to Your will and plan. Please continue to guide, protect us, and keep us in your love and make us strong to fight against temptation and evil. Please forgive us from our shortcomings. And may I learn to relinquish control and entrust myself to you and to what you have chosen, your plans and your will. Amen. 

No comments: