Friday, April 17, 2015

Relocation Diaries: Entry 1

So, it's been a couple of days since I've officially moved out of my parent's home. It took me many years but the catch would be I just not moved out, I moved several timezones away from home. Armed with two suitcases, I once again braved the unknown to step out of my comfort zone.

While stepping out of my comfort zone is nothing new and I know of its benefits and rewards, as always there is the struggle. I am not sure whether the struggle now is easier or harder than when I temporarily moved to Korea where mostly everything was provided but I couldn't communicate much and I was pretty much left on my own to figure things out without much Filipinos in sight. Or when I have to basically figure out most things on my own from the apartment to the car, etc. to get settled. While there is some sort of a Filipino community here that I know I can just seek assistance from, I still somehow feel isolated. Probably I unconsiously set some expectations and I don't feel the support and welcome right now. I know I can do this. I know I am strong and I'll get over this - that things will come together eventually but it's just awfully lonely and I wish I somehow feel some support and assistance.

You try to be there and be supportive, trying to sustain the emotions in the best way you can but right now I wish I can lean on someone more than anything. All part of the adjustment I guess.

No comments: