Sunday, May 04, 2014

Gatecrashing in Baguio

Somehow in this digital age of selfies, youtubes, facebooks, blogs, etc. weddings have also become a show in itself. It's not much different probably with executing a production number to make a wedding as special, unique and memorable not only to the bride and groom but sometimes more for the invited. I read somewhere that at least the church ceremony is for the couple while the rest are for the attendees. It is somehow for this reason that a social gathering such as this sometimes becomes too rehearsed and planned. While beautiful sometimes it may become devoid of emotions and somehow elicit a feeling of just going through the notions. Don't get me wrong, if and when I do, I might end up doing the same thing at my own wedding.

But nothing is as beautiful as a wedding full of love not just between the couple but their families and loved ones. Sure there were a lot of glitches here and there. There were probably a whole lot more that as a guest you no longer have any idea of. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful mess. I was not close to the couple but at the end of it all, I can only but marvel not just at their wedding but their journey to get to that point. Even as a stranger to their story, the wedding was able to make me realize how everyone was surrounded by love. Tiny bits and pieces from everyone to complement the couple and from the couple themselves all made the wedding a success. A few tears did escape my eyes especially during the speeches. Somehow, it was all not just for show. In the end, it was not about pulling all the stops to have that perfect, extravagant wedding but meeting halfway. The families were overflowing with love especially for the daughter and sister dearly loved. I looked at myself and realized how judgemental I sometimes can be. I crashed a wedding to escape the city but I got so much more. 

Simple. Love. Compromises. Acceptance. Back to Basics.

Congratulations and Best Wishes!









*pics courtesy of Bart

No comments: