Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Boryeong Mud Festival 2012 Field Demo


Mannam spearheaded a mass performance of Wonder Girls 'like this' during this year's Boryeong Mud festival in Daecheon. And I was fortunate enough to have been a part of it. So yeah officially they call it a flash mob but it was too organized and anticipated that I think of it more as a field demo.

I don't know much but for around 14 years now, Boryeong has been hosting this mud festival where people mostly foreigners play and paint themselves silly with mud. The mud here are supposed to be good for your skin aesthetically. (no surprise there given the vanity of the locals.) Of course, there's a whole lot of drinking everywhere regardless of the time of day. So ok maybe not until 12 noon when it's almost a ghost town due to the din of the day before. It's my first time to go to Boryeong for the mud festival but going there while being a part of the mob was double the fun. I certainly had a blast.

mud galore!


Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I will voluntarily dance in front of people. Sure there are a whole lot of us (maybe hundreds) but still. Definitely, another jump out of the comfort zone for me. And I am more than glad and thankful for it. Definitely one of the best experience I had so far here in Korea. I have Mannam and new friends/acquaintances to thank for it. Cheers to more happy, fun memories!

while waiting for the "event" to start - in between practice.


woot!
Stop!

Mannam Victory!
after the field demo, it turned into an instant insane beach party. we got soaked/drenched in mud as they hosed the crowd with muddy water.
the beach is not much really. It's the mud and the crazy, fun people/times that you'll be having which makes this a must go!

No comments: