Saturday, April 21, 2012

Missing out on milestones

It's that time of the year again when my beloved university and college holds it graduation and recognition rites respectively. Some years ago, I marked, celebrated, reveled the end of my college life which also meant achieving that degree. Looking back, I would still say, college was the best years of my life more than high school.
wearing our sablay proudly

Fast forward several years later, 2012, my own brother attended his own recognition rites from the same university and college earlier today. I am proud of him, our family, the college, our university. It's a wild journey to earn your degree in Diliman and even so for the course my brother majored in. Maybe to some it's overrated and to some it is also a deal-breaker that will crush your spirit but to those who survived, it is one hell of an experience. You can never be ready for the outside world but life in the university prepares you enough to be able to adapt, survive and spread your wings. Para sa mga iskolar ng bayan, maligayang pagtatapos!

Oble at Sablay
Now, it's just down to my sister to earn her degree from the same university (and maybe college as well) as a new iska.

On another note, today we also celebrate our 5 years of service in the same company. Can you believe it? I've actually lasted that long in one company. Time seems to fly fast. I missed the banquet marking our 2 years of service and here I am missing out on our 5th again. Where I am headed after this assignment I have not been able to figure out yet. I do hope it is on to greater and bigger things - more than career and work.

Oh yes, I am definitely terribly missing home.

UP Naming Mahal



U.P. naming mahal, pamantasang hirang;
Ang tinig namin, sana'y inyong dinggin;
Malayong lupain, amin mang marating;
Di rin magbabago ang damdamin;
Di rin magbabago ang damdamin.

Luntian at pula, Sagisag magpakailanman;
Ating pagdiwang, bulwagan ng dangal;
Humayo't itanghal, giting at tapang;
Mabuhay ang pag-asa ng bayan;
Mabuhay ang pag-asa ng bayan

No comments: