Saturday, October 27, 2007

so what?

sometime this week, i was on my way to the office when a guy's shirt caught my attention. it read:

So what kung engineering ka?

It definitely struck me as the statement was a bit too familiar!!! I couldn't help but read what was written on the back...

Sa M---a ka ba? (or something to the effect na sa m---- ka ba nag-engineering) >>deliberately omitting the other letters to lessen google search hits lest i endure the wrath of many...

WHOA! I think what the shirt was trying to say was the heck with your "course" if you're not studying in their school... wow, the nerve! but that's childish of me to say. Everybody loves their alma mater and school pride makes forums "interesting and fun"... Thus, I won't even contest or anything their claim. Anyway, I am probably not jumping into conclusions to say that the shirt the guy was wearing would probably be some kind of "pambabara" to the Eng'g Angas Shirt. Yes, OUR shirt was intended to be ma-angas but the way i understand it, it was meant for those UNOable courses/subjects where the laudes are plenty... so it was not really meant for "school rivalries" or something like that... I think the shirt was really besides the point!

anyway, ending it here before some chance bloghopper sees this and goes on broadcasting to the groups and then they'll start poking fun at my grammar/comments etc. Too lazy to reread and edit. Just my two cents worth, please forgive an anti-social loner.

other news: Still fighting the urge to show up in ym, multiply or friendster. for now, facebook will do.

No comments: