Sunday, February 04, 2007

savoring the stress-free weekend...

weekends should really be like this... though not easy on the purse

first stop: MOA day with Jake, JP, Cy, Cha and Katre... think: dinner, Night at the museum, impromptu ice skating and coffee afterwards in Greenbelt... priceless!!!! major laugh trip with bits of serious convo here and there... BUT being the Cinderella/KJ aka 'kill joyce' that I am, i had to excuse myself from subjecting myself to humiliation when it was red box time which lasted until the following day... too bad I couldn't join (when will I ever? that's why I gotta seriously think about moving out or relocating perhaps?)... There were quite a number missing in attendance but it sure feels great to be with the 'gang' again, (got the term from Jake). Hopefully on the next "gimik" I'll be able to join again!


ice skating was one unplanned activity but a 'cool' one at that! 'twas actually my second time only since like 1st or 2nd year of college! that LONG already!!! wasn't able to bring the camera on the ice so I'm just going to borrow pics taken by Cy in his phone when he uploads them. Somehow, the three pics that I have don't even come close to illustrating what happened on the ice!!! haha


sidenote: guys, if you haven't you should watch Night at the Museum... major laugh trip! but it could also be that we were just so stressed out with "work" that found even the tiniest of things in the movie as very funny. :p


second stop: Lunch at Leslie's Tagaytay. I have promised the family that I'll treat them for Lunch or dinner at Leslie's since like December of last year! Due to our hectic schedules which somehow do not seem to match it has been postponed indefinitely. I've been wanting to get the family to go to Tagaytay again since it's been so long that we've been to Tagaytay as a family. I was actually motivated during Erik's visit last year when I saw that so much has changed since I've been there last. Leslie's a start, maybe when dad goes to Sonia's this weekend he can then treat us there too next time. we were supposed to go there with my cousin but unfortunately, she was in the province... maybe next time :) Lunch was good but again not on the budget... but it's enough that they appreciated the fact that we went to Tagaytay to eat Lunch! ahaha :D kidding aside, my mom couldn't agree more on the positive changes. She could still remember the 'kubo-kubo' by the road before in order to get a good view of the Taal Lake/volcano... ooopppssssss.... all of a sudden I remember someone with the mere mention of Taal!
some pics:


weekends should be like this... at least once in a while... refreshing...

No comments: