Saturday, December 27, 2014

Jeje

While on vacation in Seoul, my brother overheard a group of Filipinas speaking softly and referring to our group as jejes. I must say I got affected badly and it took a while before I got over it. I was pissed off for having been judged and I was concerned on my appearance straight away. Vanity got the better of me and the nasty judgement left me feeling insecure, unfortunately.
Then it got me thinking about the fact that being affected and feeling bad about the judgement also doesn't make me any different. I was feeling bad because I was also judging the so-called jejes. I wasn't any better at all and being unfair myself for wanting to be disassociated from the term, for being unwilling to be called as such. I have judged and labeled negatively as well. Thanks to this realization though, the mistake was acknowledged and it was easier to let go of the comment. So what if they thought we were jeje. Maybe we are, maybe we're not. To hell with the labels. This is who we are, what we want to wear, what we're willing to spend our money on and how much we can spend. No need to feel insecure. You are who you are. If we judge on the outside all the time then that's just being too shallow and superficial. 

No comments: