Sunday, December 16, 2007

beating the holiday rush.. (trying to)

so yeah today, i tried to beat the holiday rush by deciding to go to one of the many malls in the metro to buy a few gifts (mostly for family) and then some personal items... i'm thinking i won't have much time anymore as i've already blocked the weekend ahead... so is the Friday before that. Trying to do accomplish the "errand" on a weekday would be a challenge considering my schedule although I am hoping another dinner and event will push through...

So anyway, in the end I came home almost empty-handed... a tiring, expensive and frustrating day.
Tiring: I tried like 5 or so ATM machines to get cash since I'm really much more comfortable staying on the budget or at least it's easier to do that if I have the cash on hand. However, they were all f*ckin offline! Pardon for the word but really, my legs hurt right now because aside from being stuck in traffic, i had to walk around like a whole block a couple of times which should have been just spent on wandering/loitering/window shopping!
Expensive: The gas that was probably consumed would amount to more or less than 400 considering the traffic plus the fact that I decided to go to Makati because I thought BPI was more accessible there... Yes, I was stubborn and hopeful but penniless and clueless at the same time. Add the parking fee(s), that's probably 500 down the drain... :(
Frustrating: I was not even able to accomplish any of my supposed errands!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no clue when I'll be able to do all of them... For all I know, I need/want to get contacts ASAP! and I need a credit card...

yes, Boo me I still don't have a credit card! Parentals have been pushing me to get one since a year or two ago but i kept on postponing. The stingy side of me thought I wouldn't be able to afford the annual fee (or it'll just be a waste) and that I can manage with EPS/cash... TODAY, I realized when the clerk told me that the system was DOWN, I BADLY need one...

oh well, hopefully in the coming days I'd get to finish all the tasks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there should be credit cards that do not have annual fees. try Visa or HSBC - mine doesn't have one. the only one i have to pay annual fee for is my AMEX.

if you do get a credit card, choose one where you can gain perks from - say for example, bonus points for every peso you spend. when you accumulate certain points you can convert it to dinner points to restaurants, gas credits, magazine subscriptions or, better yet, mileage for free flights to kahit man lang within the country.